Monday 18 November 2013

Inter Area Championships; Prissick


Today was an extremely proud day. Only a little over a year after my first venture into the muddy world of cross I pulled on the North East jersey for the first time. The venue was Prissick, home to a new cycle circuit used for racing all through the year. I didn't expect much due to a cold, that had clung to me for the last week and a half, but I was willing to give it my all for the NE team.

The race had a different dynamic; teamwork came into play and immediately from the gun, the Yorkshire team who were the pre-race favorites took to the front. They formed a 4 rider chain occupying the first 4 places, which I clung to the back of. But, they were to be too strong, my lungs were screaming and I was coughing like crazy, I dropped off the back and was resigned to chasing on my own. In the end Yorkshire was by far the best team and they thoroughly deserved their win, taking

places 1-4 which left me in 5th. However, some fab performances by Bev, Michelle and Karen for the NE earned us the silver medal!

Proud to stand on the podium for the NE with Bev and Karen 






No comments:

Post a Comment