Thursday 2 July 2015

British Columbia Regional Championships

Hot, dusty, gnarly and hot. That would be the four words I'd use to describe the British Columbia Provincial Championships, held in Whistler. 

The race started super quick and I soon found myself quite far down the field. However, I knew that such a long race in 34 degree heat would require a tortoise rather than hare approach!


Surely enough, I began to reel the field back one by one until I was up in 6th. Starting my 6th, 20 minute lap I was really starting to feel the heat, I had drunk five 500ml bottles and still needed more. I lost two places on my final lap, but was so happy to finish 8th elite woman in the worlds home of mountain biking.


Racing over raised north shore with huge drops got the adrenaline pumping. The course was 90% single track which I can only describe as a mountain biking gift, so much fun to ride. I am so grateful to Cycling BC for allowing me to race their Championships. 







No comments:

Post a Comment